- COVID-19 Updates and Lifelong Virtual Learning
- Who can take Lifelong Learning classes?
- Where are your classes held?
- Who teaches Lifelong Learning classes?
- Providing Childrens' Medical and Behavioral Needs Information
- Registration Questions
- Getting to class and pickup
- Cancellation and Transfer Questions
- Where do Lifelong Learning profits go?
- How can I stay informed on Lifelong Learning news?
- BVSD Lifelong Learning Photo/Video Policy
- How can I contact Lifelong Learning?
In response to the COVID-19 closures, all kids, teens and adult students have received 100% refunds for cancelled sessions.
We are adding new Virtual Learning classes every week including content for kids, adults and families. Once you sign up for a class, your instructor will email you with login information and other details.
As of now we are still planning to run BVSD Summer Camps for kids and teens in our schools and other off-site locations. If the shutdown continues beyond Memorial Day, we will revise our schedule and add online camp options.
Currently most of our adult and child classes are offered virtually.
Normally, Lifelong Learning classes are hosted at BVSD schools outside of school hours. Some classes are also hosted at artist studios or instructor facilities. In addition to many locations across Boulder, classes are also held in eastern Boulder County from Broomfield to Longmont.
The Lifelong Learning staff takes all precautions to ensure the health and safety of the children at our classes and camps. Before your register your child for a class or camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with up-to-date information about your child’s specific needs and concerns. All health information is kept confidential. Relevant information includes whether your child has:
- Medical issues (allergies, asthma, need for an epi-pen, diabetes, etc.)
- Behavioral concerns (Autism Spectrum, fears, other special problems)
We will work closely with the parents, school and program instructors to meet the requirements of children with special medical, physical or behavioral needs. However, if a child’s attendance would fundamentally alter the nature of a class or camp they may not be permitted to attend the program.
- How do I register for a Lifelong Learning class?
- Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
- Do you offer scholarships or sibling discounts?
- How is the materials fee paid?
- If a class is filled, can I get on a wait list?
- If a class has already begun, can I still register?
Online: Visit https://lll.bvsd.org/ to set up your student profile. Use your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card (secured by USA ePay).
By phone: Call 720-561-5968, Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
- How does my child get to the enrichment class at the end of the school day?
- My child is in extended day. How does my student get to and from enrichment?
- Where do I pick up my child at the end of their Lifelong Learning class?
We provide the school staff with rosters listing the students who are staying for Lifelong Learning after-school classes. Those rosters are then shared with the classroom teachers, who assist with transitioning their students to the class locations. For younger students who may need a little extra help with this transition, we suggest that parents connect with their child's classroom teacher and clarify the procedure.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How will I know if a class has been canceled by Lifelong Learning?
- Why would a class be canceled?
- Will a class canceled due to weather have a make-up day scheduled?
- Can I transfer a registration to a different class?
If you need to cancel a class registration for any reason, you must do so at least five full business days before the class start date to receive a refund, less a $15 processing fee (fee waived during the COVID-19 closure). There will be no refunds after that point. If a class is canceled by Lifelong Learning, a full refund will be issued.
Kids and Teens Classes:
If you need to cancel a camp registration for any reason, you must do so at least one full week (7 days) before the class start date to receive a refund less a cancellation fee of 15% of the tuition amount (fee waived during the COVID-19 closure). There will be no refunds after that point. If a class is canceled by Lifelong Learning, a full refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation contact us at 720-561-5968 or at email@example.com
If Lifelong Learning cancels a class for any reason, or you will be notified by email and/or phone. Please be sure to check for messages! If snow/road conditions cause BVSD schools to close or cause students to be dismissed early, Lifelong Learning classes for adults and kids will also be canceled. In the case of inclement weather, please go to bvsd.org to look for a closure notice posted on a red banner at the top of the website.
Lifelong Learning classes will be canceled if:
BVSD has closed schools or canceled after-school activities due to inclement weather or other unforeseen situation.
If an instructor becomes ill or has an emergency and needs to cancel or postpone a class.
Classes that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements may be cancelled.
In the event of a BVSD Lifelong Learning class session cancellation due to circumstances outside of our control, every effort will be made to reschedule that session. If rescheduling is not possible, Lifelong Learning vouchers will be issued to each class member for the prorated value of that session.
Photographs or videos of you or your child in BVSD Lifelong Learning activities may be used for print promotion, digital promotion, educational/training purposes and/or media coverage for the BVSD Lifelong Learning Program. Students or parents/guardians of students who do not want themselves or their children to be included in these photographs or videos must provide the BVSD Lifelong Learning Program with written notice to that effect.