- COVID-19 Lifelong Learning Updates
- Is Lifelong Learning child care?
- Who can take Lifelong Learning classes?
- Where are your classes held?
- Who teaches Lifelong Learning classes?
- Providing Childrens' Medical and Behavioral Needs Information
- Registration Questions
- Getting to class and pickup
- Cancellation and Transfer Questions
- Where do Lifelong Learning profits go?
- How can I stay informed on Lifelong Learning news?
- BVSD Lifelong Learning Photo/Video Policy
- How can I contact Lifelong Learning?
BVSD Lifelong Learning (LLL) offers classes and camps that are supplemental enrichment to the school day. Classes can run anywhere from one session to 12 weeks, and may be cancelled beforehand due to low enrollment.
Community Schools offers BVSD Child Care through three programs.
Lifelong Learning classes are hosted at BVSD schools outside of school hours. Some classes are also hosted at artist studios or instructor facilities and others are held online. In addition to many locations across Boulder, classes are also held in eastern Boulder County from Broomfield to Longmont.
The Lifelong Learning staff takes all precautions to ensure the health and safety of the children at our classes and camps. Before your register your child for a class or camp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with up-to-date information about your child’s specific needs and concerns. All health information is kept confidential. Relevant information includes whether your child has:
- Medical issues (allergies, asthma, need for an epi-pen, diabetes, etc.)
- Behavioral concerns (Autism Spectrum, fears, other special problems)
We will work closely with the parents, school and program instructors to meet the requirements of children with special medical, physical or behavioral needs.
- How do I register for a Lifelong Learning class?
- Will I receive a confirmation of my registration?
- Do you offer tuition assistance or other discounts?
- How is the materials fee paid?
- If a class is filled, can I get on a wait list?
- If a class has already begun, can I still register?
Online: Visit https://lll.bvsd.org/ to set up your student profile. Use your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card (secured by USA ePay).
By phone: Call 720-561-5968, Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
Lifelong Learning offers 50% tuition assistance for families whose children are on free/reduced lunch (FRL). The remaining 50% is to be paid by the family or financial designee to cover the vendor's cost of running the class.
BVSD employees and their children receive a 25% discount on LLL classes or camps.
Please contact email@example.com for details and discount codes before registering for classes.
- How does my child get to the enrichment class at the end of the school day?
- My child is in extended day. How does my student get to and from enrichment?
- Where do I pick up my child at the end of their Lifelong Learning class?
We provide the school staff with rosters listing the students who are staying for Lifelong Learning after-school classes. Those rosters are then shared with the classroom teachers, who assist with transitioning their students to the class locations. For younger students who may need a little extra help with this transition, we suggest that parents connect with their child's classroom teacher and clarify the procedure.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How will I know if a class has been canceled by Lifelong Learning?
- Why would a class(es) be canceled?
- Will a class canceled due to weather have a make-up day scheduled?
- Can I transfer a registration to a different class?
If you need to cancel a class registration for any reason, you must do so at least five full business days before the class start date to receive a refund, less a $15 processing fee. There will be no refunds after that point. If a class is canceled by Lifelong Learning, a full refund will be issued.
Kids and Teens Classes:
If you need to cancel a class registration for any reason, you must do so at least one full week (7 days) before the class start date to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than one week prior to the class start date will receive a refund minus a 15% cancellation fee. Cancellations due to COVID-related issues will not be assessed a cancellation fee regardless of the date. If a class is canceled by Lifelong Learning, a full refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation contact us at 720-561-5968 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If Lifelong Learning cancels a class(es) you will be notified by email seven (7) days prior to the class start date. Classes will be canceled if there are fewer than three (3) students registered seven (7) days prior to the start date. Please be sure to check for messages!
If we have a single class cancellation or early dismissal due to inclement weather, we will notify families via email and district inclement weather communication.
Lifelong Learning classes will be canceled if:
There are three reasons a Lifelong Learning Class may be canceled:
- BVSD has closed schools or canceled after-school activities due to inclement weather or other unforeseen situation.
- An instructor becomes ill or has an emergency and needs to cancel or reschedule a class.
- Classes do not meet the minimum enrollment requirement of three (3) registered students seven (7) days prior to the start of class.
In the event of a BVSD Lifelong Learning class session cancellation due to circumstances outside of our control, every effort will be made to reschedule that session. If rescheduling is not possible, Lifelong Learning vouchers will be issued to each class member for the prorated value of that session.
Photographs or videos of you or your child in BVSD Lifelong Learning activities may be used for print promotion, digital promotion, educational/training purposes and/or media coverage for the BVSD Lifelong Learning Program. Students or parents/guardians of students who do not want themselves or their children to be included in these photographs or videos must provide the BVSD Lifelong Learning Program with written notice to that effect.